Subscribe to us on YouTube: Click Here
Where to stay in La Paz, Bolivia?
Hotel Gloria is always my first choice! The hotel staff is friendly and goes above and beyond to make your stay comfortable.
Hotel Gloria is not the fanciest hotel but also, not basic accomodations like backpackers often use, so it suites me just fine.
The hotel was constructed in 1977 and is centrally located on Calle Potosí No. 909, just a short walk from Plaza San Francisco. The location makes it very easy to get around the city as Plaza San Francisco is a major stop for most of the minibusses.
Hotel Gloria La Paz Reservations
Ask for an upper floor room because this will reduce possible street noise. Most rooms face north and allow you to overlook the city.
Dinner (not included) can be eaten at the roof-top restaurant. This is a little fancy and a little expensive, but it can be the perfect answer when you arrive late from a four (or more) hour bus trip. A hot shower, good meal and a view might be all you need.
Even if you are not staying at Hotel Gloria, you can still visit their restaurant for dinner, a cup of tea, night cap, or scoop of ice cream. Go after dark to view the city lights sparkling below.
Hotel Gloria Accommodations Tips
Here are some tips for accommodations at Hotel Gloria:
- Complimentary Tea: Save your complimentary tea coupon (received at check-in) and use it at night for a nightcap overlooking the sparkling city before bed.
- Best Floor? Consider an upstairs room to elevate you from the city traffic noise
- Best Direction? Ask for a room facing North to have a scenic view. (Rooms facing West face the Hotel Presidente, which is of course acceptable, but I prefer to overlook the city.)
- TV Channels: If you speak English, make a quick list of the English channels so you don’t have to spend time searching for them.
- Hairdryer: If desired, ask for a hairdryer from reception. (Travel light. Don’t pack a hairdryer.)
Don’t forget to pack your SmartWool as the evenings can get quite chilly and wool can be worn for a few days without absorbing any body odor.
Have you stayed in Hotel Gloria?
Tell us about your accommodations. Where do you stay the night when you go to La Paz? (Tell us in the comments.)